11.14.2009

Vino.

I am going to go on a posting frenzy tomorrow morning. Write the 4+ posts that I promised myself I would complete this week.

Until then, enjoy this bottle of wine that I just picked up at the grocery store. Just lovely. I hope it is a good as it sounds. :)

Bitch, a provocatively named 100% Grenache from R Wines, achieves the potential of this difficult-to-grow grape. Winemakers Chris Ringland and Lisa Wetherell use fruit from the Barossa Valley in South Australia. Yields from the 25-year-old vines grown in sand over clay are modest, 3 to 5 tons an acre. Fleshy and round, with tons of jammy strawberry and raspberry fruit, this is neither shy nor light in the alcohol department, but it's so darn hard to bitch about the heat, when there is so much lip-smackingly good fruit!


Bitch (please...)

SUNDAY NIGHT 11.15.09 UPDATE: This wine was delicious. Light and delicious. Fruity. Tasty. Wonderful. I'm not a huge fan of red wine, I am just starting to explore and appreciate...and this was nice for me.