9.03.2009

DIY Project: 1 of 2,359,541....and a half.


So almost exactly one year ago, 8.29.08, Trevor popped the question.


The following weekend while shopping I found myself tickled-pink by monograms. Any "E", "T", "R"..."e", "t", "r"... they had to be mine. I started a collection. I have about five paintings I started. Countless wooden letters. Some sitting by the tv...some sitting on my desk...and a fabulous new "R" that I found at TJ Maxx this evening. (If they had ten, I probably would have bought them all.)






...And then I started this project: the Styrofoam, glittery, topiary monograms...


Little Grace decided to make her first appearance...


A close-up of the "e"...

The little birds and TOP-HAT Holly and I decided to add at the last minute...




I finished one set last fall and started a second set over the winter...and then I ran out of the glittery leaves that I was using. So, as soon as Michael's has the Christmas themed fake flowers again, I can finish. I guess I could go back now...


Who else starts projects and doesn't finish them?


...or lacks the motivation to finish!?