9.27.2009

Mama's gotta look fabulous too!

My mom and I have been emailing ideas back and forth for her wedding-day attire ever since last Sunday when we decided on the wedding dress. We spent some time today "out on the field" checking out some of the bridal boutiques that carry Mother of the Bride dresses. To be completely honest - not a huge fan of any of them. They just look so stuffy and they age my mama too much! She's a gorgeous woman, and a young one at that. She deserves to look stunning and I want her to feel amazing.

I'm really trying to avoid black at the wedding... I'll be wearing an ivory/antique white gown, the girls will be wearing chocolate brown dresses, and [at this point] I am leaning towards either dark brown suits or sandy colored suits for the men. I'm also trying to make sure that everything is venue/theme appropriate. It's not a "black tie" wedding, it's going to be very casual. I want people to feel like they can kick off their shoes and have a good time! It's hard finding a good balance with dresses...

Here are a few of the dresses we're currently liking:

This dress will compliment my wedding gown nicely - especially with the layered/tiered look...
I am in love with this dress, but I don't think I can convince my mama to wear this color. How gorgeous and soft is this dress?!?! She would look drop-dead-gorgeous...

I like the two-toned look of this dress...

Above Dresses: Nordstrom - "Mother of the Bride" section online

Above Dresses: Nordstrom - "Evening Gowns" section online

....and now I am daydreaming...My mother would look stunning in this Badgley Mischka Beaded Caftan. One shoulder! Green! I die. Gorgeous. Too bad it's almost $1,000.
Or how about this fabulous Carmen Marc Vavlo jeweled waist chiffon gown. I am melting as I write this....
This ABS by Allen Schwartz one-shoulder silk gown is quite stunning...
We have some time, but isn't it fun to look!?!? :)